Limited space in your bathroom? Or perhaps you just want to simplify. Whatever the case, a girl needs a 2 in 1 hair straightener and curler so she can change her hair the way she can change her mind.
I know I go back and forth about which way I want my hair to look. Sometimes, it’s curls all the way, while others, I want a sleek and shiny look.
You can get a hair straightener and a curling wand. They’ll each do their thing. But if you travel often or you can only afford to buy one heat-styling tool, then why not get one that gives you the best of both worlds? It only makes sense!
So, below, I have reviewed the best 2 in 1 hair straightener and curler options for you. You can look and see I’ve labeled each with what they’re best for to help you find one that matches your particular concerns. They’re all great options, so take your pick!
Best 2 in 1 Hair Straighteners and Curlers
We all have different hair concerns. Some of us are damaged (our hair, I mean!), while others of us want to preserve our hair color while keeping damage at bay from going light.
Some of us have long hair, while others of us have shorter hair.
Fine, coarse, thick, thin…whatever type of hair you have, one of these best 2 in 1 hair straightener and curler choices will be your winner.
1- Best overall: Solano Sleekheat450 Professional Flat Iron
- Gets hot fast (up to 450F in 60 seconds)
- Far infrared technology
- Tourmaline plates minimize flyaway hairs and frizz
- Beveled edges won’t snag hair
- Allows you to straighten and curl
- Great for any hair type
- Some irons heat up even faster
- No auto-off function
- Doesn’t have digital display
The Solano Professional Flat Iron is one of the best there is overall. With a variety of plate sizes to choose from, the 1-inch and 1 ¼-inch are some of the best options if you want to straighten and curl with it.
Go any wider, and you’ll have a harder time with tighter curls, as with any model.
It heats up to its highest temperature of 450F in just 60 seconds. For some of you, that might be too hot to handle anyway, so it won’t matter. It uses far-infrared heat, which definitely makes styling time shorter.
I like the beveled edges, which might not seem like a big feature, but they totally are when you get your hair snagged in everything.
This simple design feature allows it to glide through your hair without any drama. It’s nice.
Oddly, there’s no auto-off on this heat styling tool, which I found weird for today’s day and age, but it’s not a deal-breaker for me since I’ve always been neurotic about making sure all my heat stylers are turned off before I go anywhere (and yes, I check my stove and oven too).
Forget that quirk, or the fact that it doesn’t have a digital reader for the temperature (which doesn’t bother me either), and you’ll be in for a treat.
You won’t burn yourself on the cool-touch tips on the plates, and you’ll have the easiest time of styling your hair ever. That’s way more important than bells and whistles if you ask me.
2- Best flat iron for damaged hair: BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima
- Speedy heat-up
- Curls and straightens
- Easy-adjust digital display temperature settings
- Ion technology
- Includes heat glove
- Handle can get a little warm
- Awkward placement of closing button
- Metal all around makes it easier to get burnt
For those of you with damaged hair, you will want something that looks out for your tresses while styling them the way you want.
That’s why BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima is a great choice for you. Why is it good for damaged hair? The digital temperature display helps you know for sure what temperature is on.
It’s not some dial where you have to constantly try to pick your brain as to which number is the right heat setting. This one has your back like that.
And truly, with damaged hair, you want to watch how high you put on the heat. It gets hot fast, so watch out, and then you’ll be able to straighten or curl your hair very easily.
It does a fabulous job with both of those, plus the ion technology seals moisture in to help your hair get healthier and look super-shiny.
There are a few drawbacks, though. Because the metal goes all the way around, it’s much easier to get a burn.
But it comes with one of those heat-protective gloves so you can protect yourself.
Also, I sometimes hit the button that is used to close it while I’m using it, and that’s annoying. Otherwise, it’s a superb straightener and curler all in one.
3- Best for dry and frizz hair: T3 Micro T3 Lucea 1” Professional Straightening & Styling Iron
- Quick and consistent heat
- Easy to create versatile looks
- Reduces frizz and softens hair
- One button operation takes getting used to
- Not the best option for very thick/curly hair types
Let’s talk about the T3 Lucea for a minute. It looks way cool with a sleek and aerodynamic design that helps you take off into your styling adventures.
It heats up very fast and keeps the heat consistent. You can use it to straighten or make curls and dance around as you do with that long 9-foot cord.
But it won’t take you long, so you’ll be free to dash out the door. And the auto-off will make sure you don’t spend the whole day or night worrying if it’s burning down your house. Awesome!
Because of the high-tech in this one, it monitors and adjusts heat to keep it perfectly primed for your hair.
So you’ll get one-pass results and frizz-free style every time. One thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the button.
There’s only one. At first, I was like, Whatttt? And then I realized there are these lights that indicate what’s happening when you push it to make your selection for controls.
It worked great in my hair, but my friend Jill has very thick and curly hair and had a difficult time working with it. If you have coarse hair, keep reading because I have another option for you further down!
- Less Breakage and More Color Protection
- Automatic Shut-Off After 30 minutes of Non-Use
- Smart Technology that predicts your hair needs
4- Best for color protection: ghd Platinum+ Hair Straightener
- Speedy heating
- Great at straightening, curling, and making waves
- Leaves hair nice, shiny, and soft (even bleached hair!)
- Ceramic floating plates
- Automatic sleep mode
- Predicts hair needs
- Sometimes snags
- One setting for heat
ghd Platinum+ Hair Straightener is a bit different. It’s very future-forward, so it might be interpreted as confusing or even bossy.
After all, it predicts your hair needs and adjusts, but if you want to be in control of everything, you might be annoyed that it does it for you.
It monitors the heat 250 per second, something that’s very handy if you’ve colored or bleached your hair (particularly bleached) to help keep from turning it into straw.
But it stays at 365F, which is optimum for your hair. You may or may not like that.
I think it’s great, but I understand that the pleasure of having choices is important too.
If you can let it take control though, it improves the quality of your hair and makes it shinier while protecting your color and hair health.
5- Best for coarse hair: T3 SinglePass Straightening & Styling Iron
- Very quick results even for thick and curly hair
- Hair stays straight when straightening
- Makes great waves
- 5 heat settings
- Won’t give you full-on curls
- Buttons are a little annoying
The T3 Single Pass lives up to its name. If you’re trying to straighten your hair, even if it’s thick and curly like my friend Jill’s hair, it does it all in one pass.
She told me she’s always had to go over and over her hair, and with this 2 in 1, she doesn’t.
With 5 heat settings, you can take your pick for whatever is best for you. You get nice straight hair without any frizz.
I was pretty impressed with how it worked in Jill’s difficult hair, so there you go.
The buttons were slightly annoying, but she said she could forgive that for the excellent job it did helping her get her hair so smooth.
On the downside, if you’re hoping for more curl out of your 2 in 1, you’ll have to look elsewhere.
However, most gals with coarse hair that I know would really just love to go sleek and shiny most of the time, so it could be a good choice for you too!
6- Best budget-friendly: Absolute Heat Pro Ion Digital Flat Iron
- Different heat settings to match different hair types
- Titanium plates
- Infrared heat
- Digital display
- Sometimes gets a little hot to handle
- Small plates might not benefit thick hair
- May tug hair
Absolute Heat Pro Digital Flat Iron is a great buy for a lower price compared to others.
If you’re looking for one of the best 2 in 1 hair straightener and curler tools while keeping within your budget, this one is it.
The digital display lets you know exactly how hot it is. It’s easy to grip and use, and you can easily use it with many hair types.
It has small plates though, and while they’re good, they might not be a match for really thick hair. Still, it works great for those that have used it with minimal gripes.
Among them, hair can sometimes get tugged with it a little bit. The handle also gets a little hot at times. Using a glove or towel can help with that, though.
All in all, this one is a solid choice for straightening your hair, and the 1-inch plates are easier to make curls with.
7- Best for traveling: TYME Iron Pro 2-in-1 Hair Curler and Straightener
- Speedy heat up in 55 seconds
- Titanium plates
- Auto shutoff
- 5 temp settings with auto-memory
- Comes with free one-on-one session with a virtual stylist
- Great for creating lots of different styles
- Not the best for fine hair
- Can be a little confusing to use initially
First, let me just tell you that this TYME Iron Pro 2 in 1 Hair Curler and Straightener comes with a nice heat sleeve, which is perfect for traveling and storage.
It also has your back when you’re jet-lagged with auto-shutoff that engages after 30 minutes of not using it.
The titanium plates heat up very fast, just 55 seconds, and your choice of 5 temperature settings.
It recalls your last temperature used and automatically defaults to that. You may like that feature or not (I did!). It also helps you successfully create all kinds of styles, so it will be the only tool you’ll ever need anymore.
Fine hair won’t love it as much, and it is a little tricky to figure out when you first try to use it.
But once you get going, you’ll love it. Oh, and when you buy it, you get a free one-on-one session with a virtual stylist, and that is a true treasure, believe me!
8- Best for healthy hair: CHI Ceramic Straightening Hairstyling Iron
- Reduces frizz and static with ion technology
- Make all kinds of styles from curly to straight and waves to flips
- Lightweight and easy to use
- No auto-shutoff
- Not ideal for shorter hair
CHI does it again with a handy, lightweight 1-inch plate straightener and curler tool. With ion technology, frizz and static are a thing of the past.
It makes it very easy to do your hair in any style too, something I love because versatility in style is one of my favorite things.
It doesn’t have auto-shutoff, but again, that’s not a big problem for me. Shorter hair types weren’t as delighted with it.
However, everyone I know with medium to long hair adores this thing, and I do too. It caps off at 410F, too, which I didn’t list as a con, but you might find that problematic if you want something that gets hotter.
Honestly, I think that’s great because it will help you keep your hair healthy.
9- Best for all hair types: FURIDEN Flat Iron for Hair Styling: 2 in 1
- Easy temperature control
- Fast heat up in 15 seconds
- Auto shutoff and locking option
- Complimentary brush included
- Titanium plates for smooth and beautiful hair
- Smart design allows for easy straightening and curling
- Plates feel just a little short
- Round design can roll more easily when you’re not planning on it
FURIDEN has a great option that works for pretty much everyone. The barrel on the bottom turns to the temperature you want, and it heats up in 15 seconds.
It shuts off on its own, so you won’t sit in that work meeting wondering if you forgot to turn it off.
The titanium plates and cool design really make it easy to use for straightening or curling your hair.
I love the futuristic design though if I have to nitpick, the plates do feel just a little bit short. And it is a little weird trying to gain control of the contemporary barrel design.
But once you get through that, you’ll find yourself loving this thing more and more each day.
Oh, and it comes with a free brush! Yes! We love free things, don’t we?
10- Easiest to use: KIPOZI Hair Straightener, 2 in 1 Straightener, and Curling Iron
- Adjustable temperature up to 450F
- LED display
- Locking barrel for storage or travel
- Auto shutoff
- Straightens and curls
- Takes getting used to at first
KIPOZI is a bit like the one just above in that it has a barrel shape, and it’s awesome.
Though you might want this one because of the digital temp LED display. And it’s pink, which is pretty, though not its best feature.
You get auto-shutoff, a locking barrel that makes storing it easy, and temperature you can see controlled up to 450F.
A long cord makes it easy to style, and it can help you achieve all the styles you want. It’s easy to use, well, once you get used to it.
It feels so high-tech that you’ll feel like a dinosaur trying to figure it out. Once you do though, worth it!
Factors to consider when buying the Best 2-in-1 Hair Straightener and Curler
Yes, there’s more to think about here too. When you’re clicking one of these beauties into your cart, think about the following:
- Plate material – Titanium heats up faster, which is best for curls and is always in the models with ion technology. Ceramic bases usually are coated with tourmaline or titanium and can cost a lot more.
- Adjustment of temperature – Do you want to have control of the heat? If so, you will want to look for one that allows you to choose the heat settings.
- Shape – Some are round, and others are flat like you’re used to seeing. It’s preference, really, but make sure the plates extend to the end so you can roll your hair with ease.
- Hair type – Just because your bestie loves her 2 in 1 hair straightener and curler doesn’t mean it’s ideal for you. Choose a device that works best for your particular hair type.
- Dimensions and weight – Styling with something heavy will tire out your arms when you have loads of thick hair. Choose one that is lightweight. Titanium options are heavier than others.
- Cost – Setting a budget is never a bad idea, but choosing quality will save you money down the road. Think of it as an investment!
- Travel-ready – If you flit around here and there, whether you travel across the world or simple back and forth to and from your boyfriend’s house, it’s good to have a styling tool that travels well. For international travelers, make sure it has dual voltage and see if you’ll also need an adapter to power it up.
Whoever said you couldn’t have it all obviously never had one of these best 2 in 1 hair straightener and curler tools!
Now you can have it all too. Think about your hair type and follow the shopping tips above to help you buy the right one right now!